Words of Wisdom from Tim Ferrissby Scott Edward Walker on December 29th, 2015
To Our Clients & Friends: Welcome to our weekly series “Helping Entrepreneurs Succeed.” Each week, we share a favorite video clip of a successful entrepreneur, investor or business leader on a variety of topics. This week, we present Tim Ferriss, a brilliant author, entrepreneur and angel investor.
In this interesting clip from a couple of years ago, Tim shares his ingredients for success for startups, including:
- “a burning enthusiasm or passion for what you’re building” (at 0:43);
- “a diversified identity” (at 0:48); and
- knowledge of “your unique strengths” and a willingness “to delegate” (at 1:22).
He also provides the following specific advice to founders:
- “Success… is measured by how effectively you’re able to pick the one or two things that are the highest priority.” (at 4:04)
- “It’s important to have one or two numbers that you track on a weekly basis.” (at 4:42)
- “It’s important to form a strategic vision and direction for your company that is not a response to everyone else.” (at 5:50)
I hope you enjoy it. Cheers, Scott