To Our Clients & Friends: Welcome to our weekly series “Helping Entrepreneurs Succeed.” Each week, we share a favorite video of a successful entrepreneur, investor or business leader on a variety of topics. This week, we present Larry Page, co-founder of Google and a brilliant entrepreneur.
In this brief speech (via Corporate Valley) from a few years back, Larry shares some solid nuggets for entrepreneurs, including the following:
- “We actually tried many things that didn’t work. Google happened to work pretty well.” (at 2:07)
- “I just encourage you to take a little more risk in life, and I think if you do it often enough it will really pay off.” (at 2:19)
- “There are many areas where there is leverage available in the world – where one or two people, a good idea [and] a lot of hard work can really make a difference.” (at 3:20)
- “It’s sometimes easier to do something that’s harder because other people get excited about it, and you can get much more resource.” (at 4:01)
- “You can get tremendous resources to solve a hard problem, where as you might only get minor resources to solve a small problem.” (at 4:09)
I hope you enjoy it. Cheers, Scott