To Our Clients & Friends: Welcome to our weekly series “Helping Entrepreneurs Succeed.” Each week, we share a favorite video clip of a successful entrepreneur, investor or business leader on a variety of topics. This week, we present Drew Houston, the founder and CEO of Dropbox and a very impressive entrepreneur.
In this interesting four-minute clip (courtesy of Stanford University’s Entrepreneurship Corner), Drew shares the following solid nuggets with respect to dealing with your competitors:
- we tend to “overestimate” our competition;
- most failures result from things within a startup’s control, not the competition;
- focus on solving problems and not worrying about the competition;
- “the problems begin at home”; and
- keep your users happy and hire the best people.
If you would like to see Drew’s entire presentation at Stanford, you can do so below. I hope you enjoy it. Many thanks, Scott